Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thorns Only Hurt. . .

I was watching a movie with some friends last night which took place in England during the Revolutionary period. Two young men had taken off their shoes and socks (yes they were cute) and were racing each other across the courtyard. They had been running hard and now were walking slowly along the path when one looked at the other, while ouching, oohhing, ohing, hopping from one foot to the other, and said, "why is that you only feel the thorns in your feet when you quite running". A light went off in my head, EPIPHANic moment. (I sometimes like to make up words) As I look back on my life the thorns have often hurt the worst when I have quite running. Sometimes I run faster than other times, the speed at which I move matters not, for my race isn't against the world, but rather with myself. Besides if I am up and running then it is more likely that I may be able to help pick up another along the way and help them in their race.

No comments:

Post a Comment