Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Question of the Day

So far I have tried to keep all of my posts fairly positive however today I have a question that may not come across as such to some. If this (the gospel as found within the church) is supposed to be Gods plan of Happiness, then were is this happiness in His plan? OK like I said possibly not that positive of a question but it's how I am feeling today. Let me explain a little more; If God's Plan of Happiness excludes any particular group, in my case gays, then what good is the plan? I know we are told that it's "OK" to have "SSA", that the sin comes not through ones feelings but the actions that accompany those feelings. STR8 boys are told that the plan of happiness culminates with marriage and children yet that is exactly what church policy denies it's gay memebers. How is it possible for the spirit to scream the absurdity of this to my soul yet bare witness of the truthfullness of it to my church leaders? Who is right? They or I? Ah the perplexity of it all. If anyone has what they consider to be commonsense, hard, informed, just, justified, levelheaded, logical, rational, reasonable, reasoned, sensible, sober, solid, valid, well-founded insights please feel free to share them in the comments section or what the heck just email me at mormongay@gmail.com I would love to hear how you feel. Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment